Sunday, December 11, 2005

Firefox middle-click to close tab solution

I upgraded to firefox 1.5 using the ubuntu wiki. (see previous post). Its really cool, the only problem I came across was that when I was middle-clicking to close a tab, it was opening a google "I'm feeling lucky" page.

So I came up with a solution on my own. (yay) :) Here's what I did...


  1. Type about:config in the address-bar
  2. Enter middle in the "filter" area. You will see a few options
  3. Right-click on middlemouse.contentLoadURL and click on Toggle. This will now become bold, and it will show "user set"


And thats it! Now I can middle click on a tab to close it. :)

Warning: Do this at your own risk

1 comment:

sean said...

Nice.

I always forget this "about:config". I sit there for a minute thinking: is it control? options? what was the word...

:D