Monday, October 09, 2006

Out of space...

The other day, I was just browsing around, and I started downloading something. All of a sudden, firefox crashed!! I'm like...wtf...

Anyway, I just started the browser again, and recovered my browsing session, thanks to this nice extension.

Then, I tried to copy a shortcut from the K Menu to the desktop. I got an error message saying "Insufficient disk space". Wtf, a teeny-weeny shorcut...how much free space do I have anyway?

So I started Kwikdisk, and I saw that I just have 36KB free on the /home partition!!!



At this point, I would have expected any operating system to crash. But this is linux, things work differently here. ;)

The reason why firefox crashed was because it probably couldn't cache anything in ~/.mozilla. Technically, this would be a firefox bug, and not a linux bug. (Or so I think).

Finally, I just copied stuff onto my other partitions that had some free space. Now i have a lot of DVDs to burn.

No comments: